Tuesday, March 25, 2014

14. Doubt Revisited: a proper look

Doubt will kill your dreams. I have learned in life that God is only as big as our faith allows Him to be and when we doubt our faith begins to flicker. So I try not to let those thoughts even enter my head. I know when I hear others talk about the impossible in their lives all I see is possibility. Just moments ago I had a conversation with a friend who does not have a job and she admitted fear and doubt try to rob her of her peace. If you only knew how much potential and talent this woman possesses. She’s a genius. She is so going to get a job and not just any job but a really amazing beautiful one and she will never go hungry or lack. It is obvious, to me. So when you start to doubt, go to your really good friends and have them speak truth over you. It works. I also used to keep a testimony jar, back when I had a place to keep a jar. I kept it in the windowsill in the kitchen. Whenever something good happened I scribbled it down and put in it the jar. I came across it not long ago and just seeing it reminded me of all the amazing things that happened during that year or so that I kept it. It seemed that no matter what I put my hand to, it would grow, even if just a tiny bit. Going back and recalling God’s faithfulness is also a good way to squash doubt. Sometimes I just need a little reminder of how deeply concerned with me He really is and how He never fails and how He won’t just provide my friend with a great job but He will for me too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment