Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Day 4

Today I went to the  V & A Waterfront. Sadly, all in all I was again disappointed in South African retail shopping. The waterfront itself is beautiful as is the design of the entire area, the mall, the grounds, the views. But the mall reminded me of Underground Atlanta back in the day. It is a great place to have if you live here, for gathering, eating and picking up items you need, but I wouldn't go back. They had a little oyster bar that looked inviting. There is a fresh market and that was fun. But the retail shopping was predictable and boring. Maybe I just have high expectations. I have been away so long and I don't realize how monopolized it has become by megashops like Zara and Topshop. Poor quality, mass produced "fashion". I bought my birthday present to myself, Jo Malone perfume. I already knew she had a shop there and where it was on the map. 

Afterwards I met Carly at Manna for coffee. 


I am feeling more and more like a local...





No comments:

Post a Comment