Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Day 3

I made my own breakfast. Eggs, toast, jam, coffee in my new espresso pot. I sat at the table and read Hello! magazine. I picked up Lisa and we went to a "fashion exchange". I bought a gently used popover and scarf and an outfit for Carla. Then we went to a food market, a normal, beautiful, creative, fun, delicious, proper food market. They had olive oil, chocolates, pastries, fresh vegetables, cheeses, wines, crepes, gelato. All fresh and local and delicious. I bought quince paste because I always buy quince paste when I see it. And a gelato because well, I always buy gelato when I see it. I also bought fresh spinach. A lovely bunch of deep green goodness for $1.

When then went to the restaurant @ Groot Constantia for lunch. I get so easily distracted by all the people and sites to see. Every landscape and dish needs my attention. I'm awkward at conversation. I have no clue what day it is and have to think hard about the month. But I manage well and the food is comforting and healthy and fresh and wonderful. The company is kind and warm and loving. I still feel like a fraud, someone so foreign, just trying to fit in and play the part.

I left Groot Constantia and went to The Fringe in Simon's Town for a much overdue hair cut. It's an adorable vintage style salon. I got a cup of tea and watched the rain. They play 20's music and show black and white films. The stylists dress the part. It was fun and I got a really precise, methodical, good cut. I also bought a hairbrush there. It's something I have been looking for my whole life, a brush for wet hair to detangle. I loathe combing my hair. It hurts. But this brush is wonderful. It's so simple and an unexpected find but it has already changed my life.





No comments:

Post a Comment