Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Pomona Lodge?

I am at the Pomona Lodge in South Africa. I was scheduled to take a routine flight from Pemba to J'burg wih a stop in Maputo. We stopped about two hours after take off and I assumed this was Maputo. We didn't disembark. We stopped again an hour later and I thought the scenery looked a bit remote to be J'burg. We were in Maputo. We evidenly stopped in Biera and I wound up missing my flight from J'burg to London!! I grabbed my luggage and ran to the check out counter at lightening speed. No one was there and they were boarding the flight. So, the Mozambican Airlines (LAM) has put me in an adorable little B&B in South Africa. I am with Nick (Hawaii), Chrisdene "Cloud" (Alaska, and Georgenia (N. Ireland). We are actually having an amazing time. This place is quite quaint and we just had an amazing meal of spicy chicken over rice that was delicious! So we are all together and very safe. However, British Airways seemed to doubt we could get on the flights tomorrow either, so we are on standby. There is a small possibility another airline will carry us. BA will pay other airlines to take us, we just have to find another that is not full. So we are going to the airport tomorrow at 5pm to start the process. PRAY HARD! I will do the same and hope to see you all soon. Don't worry about picking me up at the aiport. I will call Meredith when I arrive and if she can get me, great. If not, I will cab it.
PRAY PRAY PRAY
XOXO
www.pomonalodge.co.za
Hope to be home Friday!
Worse case scenario, I have to buy a one way ticket? But I truly believe it will all work out. In the mean time, I am enjoying this place, the culture and hope to see a little of South Africa and look forward to being able to put another pin in the map.

No comments:

Post a Comment