Thursday, August 16, 2007

Brrrr in J'burg

It's cold here! It is really freezing and we are all in summer clothes and flip flops. We are sharing clothes and bundling up. We enjoyed the lodge here last night and the owner had a driver pick us up and take us to the mall this afternoon. It was far from our western mall but was still a major culture shock to us. I bought clean underwear as I only had the one pair and a book to read if I ever get on the flight home. We will be leaving for the airport shortly and will do our best to get on standby with BA or have them give us vouchers with another airline going to London. There is a small possibility that the flights in London may have long layovers so we are working out accomodations with our friend Sam Rogers who lives in Surrey. So I MIGHT stay in London over the weekend and just not rush the flight since it has all been so up in the air. I will just roll with it and have a back up plan. So now if they do not provide accomodations or our connecting flights are a problem, I will have a place to stay in London. I would love to see the city with someone who knows it well.
Yet, I would love to be home for Catherine's birthday party. If I don't make it, give her a huge hug and kiss for me.
XOXO

PS...IF anyone has a DELTA hook-up, I would love to get on the direct flight out of here to ATL and bypass London altogether if possible. I will check it out tonight but just wanted to put that word out and see if anyone can pull some strings.

No comments:

Post a Comment