Monday, August 13, 2007

Final Days

I am currently at the Pemba Beach Hotel, having breakfast with my friend Merrylee who leaves today. She is out looking at the ocean one last time. My visit to Marenganha was amazing. I could completely see myself living there. I will post photos! Iris has a small base there with 9 young boys living there. They also have plans to create a small community for orphan kids who are 18 and older. They intend to build housing for these kids and help them become self sufficient. I could also see Mom and Dad living at this base. The beach is so beautiful. I could see Dad giving science lessons to the young boys. The houses are energized via windpower...

I will spend the day packing up my things and will check in here at the hotel tomorrow to get that much desired hot bath. I dread leaving. This has become such a way of life and the lifestyle here is relaxed and so incredibly fulfilling. I will be most likely leaving from the hotel on Wednesday and arriving in Atlanta Thursday afternoon. Get out the water hose Meredith.

Will post detailed updates and photos soon.

Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment