Friday, August 17, 2007

Surrey

I am in Surrey. We got on the 8:30 flight from J'burg to London. We said good-bye to Georgenia who was flying to London also and then on to N. Ireland. I also ran into my roomate Tamara in the J'burg airport and got to say goodbye one last time. I watched Shrek 3 and popped an ambien and slept for most of the flight. I have a terrible sore throat. It could be from the drastic change in weather. I went from hot Mozambican weather to very cold and am still just in flip flops. When we landed in London we booked our flights for a day later and called Sam. On our way out of the aiport we ran into Georgenia! So we convinced her to change her flight too and come along. I took my last bit of money from the ATM and we took a bus to Croydon near Surrey and are currently at Sam's place. The neighborhood is beautiful. We've been walking through these lovely gardens, eating plums and blackberries! We walked up on a small mountain that overlooks Surrey with fields of heather. We plan on hanging out in this area tonight and going for shepherds pie! I will be leaving in the morning at 12:30 or so and should arrive at 4:30 on Saturday! I miss you all and am looking forward to coming home. Although, the detours have been a lot of fun. I like this spontaneous travel stuff! So, I hope we can celebrate the birthday of Catherine again on Sunday. Mer, hope to see you Saturday afternoon. I will call when I land.
Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment