Saturday, June 16, 2007

saturdays and spiders

as I write this there is a spider crawling across my screen! posts have not been working so I apologize in keeping this short.

Hi everyone. I came to town to the internet café this morning to spend an hour and write you all. The weeks are so busy with classes and group meetings. We are going into a village tomorrow and I am really looking forward to spending some time with the Mozambicans. It is incredibly beautiful here. I have not taken any pictures yet! I keep telling myself I have two months to do all of that. Right now I am just settling in to the life here. I am so grateful for your words of encouragement and prayers. I am surrounded by 150 amazing people from all over the world who have a heart for the poor and seeking more of God in their lives and it is wonderful for me to experience. We are greatly encouraged to form relationships with the people here as that is the core of ministry. So I am working on my Portuguese and making Mozambican friends. We tend to stereotype others who are different than us and see ourselves as superior because of our wealth. It is so eye-opening to hear their story and realize we have things in common and are all in need of something more out of life. I just love it here and will have a hard time coming home to the mundane life in Atlanta.

No comments:

Post a Comment