Monday, June 18, 2007

1 Million Star Hotel

God is faithful. Even times I turn away and do things my own way. He sees the underlying intent of the heart, knows my weakness and failings. Yet, His love is still ever present and drawing me back to Him. What a beautifully loyal heart, always extending the scepter of redemption and grace. “We are not locked into a present, determinist future. Ours is an open, not closed universe. We are ‘co-laborers with God,’ as the Apostle Paul put it- working with God to determine the outcome of events. Therefore our prayer efforts are a genuine give and take, a true dialogue with God- and a true struggle". Richard Foster

I have been spending a lot of time in prayer. It is my prayer that in this small sacrifice that I am making that God will bless you all for your sacrifices in sending me. I am learning more and more of who God truly is and that I have put Him in a box and limited Him all my life. He is bigger than we think. He longs to be daily involved in our activities and desires our fellowship. So that is what I am learning to do here as I seek a new heart in return.

We visited an Iris church yesterday morning. The village was on a hillside, overlooking to ocean. The views were breathtaking. This mixture of poverty and beauty is quite astounding. I am having a difficult processing it all. I just know that this nation of poverty and oppression doesn’t have to always be this way and it is not God’s purpose. He is calling us to intercede and spread His message as co-laborers.

His presence is so real here. I call it an open heaven. I am living in the dirt, it’s in my hair, under my nails and in the rice and beans. But I am blissfully happy and content. I’ve spent nights at the Ritz Carlton that were not as refreshing as it is here.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment