Monday, April 21, 2014

i'm not really a waitress

After accepting the teaching position I now have 14 consecutive weeks where I will be in the U.S. and can work! I have wanted to work for ages. It's the American way. I just haven't been in one spot for very long. My heart wanted to stay in Hartwell for afternoon pontoon boat rides and morning tennis, but Nashville fell in my lap. The generous offer of a place to stay gave me the opportunity to start looking there. Within 24 hours I had a job. I began by applying at all the high end restaurants in the city and then the local country clubs. Apparently Cherokee Town & Country has a stellar reputation among other country clubs. Who knew? That name alone got me offers at the two top clubs in Nashville. Both clubs wanted to talk "hospitality industry" talk which I really know nothing about. I nodded and I took the higher offer and start on Friday. Now I have to go pretending like I am a waitress again and pump myself up for lots of physical labor and smiling and small talk. I can do this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment