Wednesday, April 23, 2014

18. Lack of counsel

You can never have enough of this, wise people who hear from God and seek His face, speaking into your life. I crave it. I can tell when their words hit like arrows and ignite something. Some words fall flat. Some people are full of nuggets of wisdom and truth. Some share their own experiences and lessons from their pasts and some can somehow see into the future. Some, are just full of hot air. God knows we need strong counsel and He is an expert at linking His children together. My friends are my greatest treasures and I always ask their advice. I can see God's hand on my life most abundantly in the true friends He's given me. "Quality" doesn't even begin to describe them. My friends are the best of the best; they are all ages, various nationalities, faiths and political persuasions. My friends put up with my selfish lifestyle, my constant coming and going, my passions, my griefs. I want to be the kind of friend they are to me. I want to also be hearing and listening, responding and giving in the same way they so loving pour into me. - G

No comments:

Post a Comment