Saturday, March 1, 2014

mount pleasantly surprised

I've arrived. Mom and Dad were going to Saint Simons so I caught a ride with them. We stopped at the Pecan place in Wrens. That whole drive between Hartwell and Swainsboro is pitiful. No cell service. Nothing but Fred's Dollar Stores. Almost as desolate as northern Mozambique but not quite. We ate dinner at Cheddar's in Pooler. A little off the beaten path but worth the detour and owned by a friend of mine who rolled out the red carpet for us. If you are ever in the area I highly recommend it as a pit stop. As well as that pecan place in Wrens. They have clean loo's and chocolate. I have been here for only 12 hours and 8 of them I was sleeping but I have already found the tennis complex. It is less than 2 miles away! They offer real clinics and lessons and have clay courts and hard courts and ball machines! I am so excited to make this a part of my life. Even if it is only for three weeks. 

I also have plans to meet my friends the O'Hara's who I met on Ibo Island and live in downtown Charleston. It sounds right out of Gone with the Wind but their last name really is O'Hara and they live right on Meeting Street. It reminds me of that time I had a meeting in Atlanta where two men at the table were Rhett and Ashley and no one else saw it as funny. 

I'm going to an event at Billy Reid Wednesday night. I have not worn a dress or stockings or heels in years. I haven't schmoozed or socialized in fancy circles. What is it that people talk about these days? Do we still talk about Obamacare or is that over now? I am mostly going for the food and to smell the men. 

We are going downtown today to window shop and browse and just because we can. Church tomorrow. More soon.
xoxo, 
grace

No comments:

Post a Comment