Wednesday, February 26, 2014

a Southern Cities Tour



I am leaving on Friday for Charleston. When in Moz I dreamt of cities like Charleston & Savannah; of architecture and fashion and delicious food. I took notes from my Southern Living magazines of restaurants and shops I wanted to see. Their creativity inspires my own. Kind, gracious friends have invited me down for just this. Three or so weeks in Charleston to go and window shop and explore and write.  Disciplined writing, every single day. Eating healthy and tri-weekly tennis matches. I am going to soak in the South, spend my days writing and I will be helping a friend who wants to publish. I don't know exactly how to help but so far reading and giving my opinion seems to help her and I hope she will do the same for me. In addition, I  am also seeking out a small business opportunity that may help fund my extended travels/life in Africa. I am always looking for a way to sustain myself and creative ways for "tent making" as I live abroad. I also think my friends are trying to convince me to stay and showing me the best of one of the greatest cities in the U.S. is smart, but it won't work. I am planning on leaving for Cameroon as soon as possible. I don't know quite what else Charleston will bring, but I just know it is one of many stones that do not need to be left unturned. I am at a really unique juncture and been given a great gift to go and explore this timeless city. I'm excited to see what will become of it. I have a feeling it will be much more than I have imagined. Immediately following my time in Charleston I will be going to Nashville to explore Thistle Farms. I am meeting with their director and am hoping to be able to help them in their social businesses in Africa. Both of these trips remain a little vague, but I feel they are necessary points of interest in the journey. So today I am attempting to pack to be gone for a month, for warmer weather of the coast from a pitiful wardrobe of outdated, wrinkled GAP just unpacked from the attic. I've got work to do, no time for trend setting. 
recent fossil hunting in lake weiss, alabama with the boys
the new neighborhood

morning walk in the new neighborhood

lake weiss, alabama with the boys

the hardware store with nathaniel- rome, ga


Oh, and I moved. I call it The Treehouse as it is perched up high in the woods on the lake in deep Reed Creek. It is perfect. It's brand new and spotless and has hot running water and electricity. All a girl could want. 

Thank you for your continued love and support. Big things are happening in the midst of all the stillness. I can feel it. 

XO, 
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment