Thursday, January 24, 2013

i love old people.


I titled it this to make Monty mad. I have adored every moment of being home. One of the highlights was meeting this crowd, the Hartwell Tennis Semi-Retired/Fully Retired/And All Amazing Group. God knows just exactly what we need. And I needed this little team to hit balls with me in the cold and rain three mornings a week. I needed an escape, exercise and to laugh. The constant badgering and heckling on the courts is such comic relief and for those hours on the courts I carry no worries, no lists, no pressure, except from Monty to stay out of no man's land and make no mistakes. Thank you guys for welcoming me in and loving me despite my pitiful game at the net. Thank you, Nancy for asking me a million questions about my personal life. Thank you for the hugs, Gene. Thank you for dinner Carl. Thank you for caring about my health and my kids in Mozambique. Thank you for reading up on where I live and giving to my little dream. You guys are great. See you in the Summer!

There were a few moments I didn't adore so much. Like this one in a creepy doctor's office. Most didn't look like Sub Saharan Africa or circa 1950. All in all I am going to be okay. But I have essentially been diagnosed with a kidney stone too large to pass that has now moved to the lower pole of my kidney and cannot be treated by lithotripsy, ovarian cysts and uterine fibroids. The only one I am concerned about is the stone, should it decide to try to move or shrink just enough to be able to. It could leave me in "pain worse than childbirth". I would not have access to intravenous pain medication, a hospital ER. So I am praying with faith like the Mozambicans for it to just go away and everything else with it. I am not used to sharing all my personal business with the whole world but there are no secrets in Hartwell. So there you go.  Thank you, Dr. Jeff Williams for taking such good care of me. 8 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment