Monday, September 10, 2012

leafy greens and dairy


On the way home from the Alpha venue tonight my poor unsuspecting driver was taking me home and I spotted a pick ‘n pay. I asked if we could stop for me to run in “for ten minutes”. I practically got out before the car stopped. I grabbed a trolley and sped right to the vegetables. I found a rocket mix and a yellow peppers and cherry tomatoes. Leeeleeeleee as they say in Mozambique. I had no idea the exchange rate. I just got whatever I could find that looked good. Beets and carrots, my Moz staples, made my stomach churn. I bought; yogurt, mozzarella, basil, balsamic vinaigrette, apple cider vinegar, two bags of mixed greens, tomatoes, muslix, a half gallon of 2% milk, a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc, okay two bottles of Sauvignon Blanc, water crackers- for the salad and cheese,  a bunch of bottled water, a bar of Dove soap (the lodge didn’t have any of any kind), I got a Lindt bar but put it back. a whole bag of golden delicious apples, I spent 624000 whatever it is they use here. I don’t have a clue how much that is but I don’t care. I had salad for dinner! A huge fat delicious full of roughage salad and my whole body inside and out is completely satisfied and happy. 

Now I am sitting outside at this little lodge under an amazing low thatched roof, listening to music coming from iTunes writing this with one hand and eating salad with the other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment