Monday, September 10, 2012

getting a "jab" or a shot as we call it


In all my little research of Zambia I saw some mention of Yellow Cards. I have one. In the basement of the cabin in Hartwell. When I finally get to where I have decent internet I discover that the yellow card business is no joke. Bolivia says you have to have a yellow fever vaccination but they don’t check. I don’t need it for Joburg or anywhere in Mozambique and have carried it all over creation and this trip decided to leave it behind. Yet, in this scenario, they check. So I needed an immunization. I was mad at myself for forgetting my yellow card but then realized that my immunization expired anyway. It only lasts ten years and I had mine in 1999. So before boarding the flight this morning, I got a shot in the arm. There is still a chance they won’t let me on the plane when I try to leave on Sunday because I have not been immunized for ten days but I am praying they won’t look too hard. 
airport breakfast at the mug & bean
praying on the way to the clinic/dentist

No comments:

Post a Comment