Wednesday, August 31, 2011

i'm gonna live in Mozambique!

official departure date is October 7th. the dates have constantly changed and i have wondered if this day would ever come. i just bought my ticket. i am leaving this weekend to spend the holiday with Cousin Shannon and Baby Cousin McCarley. i will leave from there and go to Atlanta to fly to Kansas to spend time with The Steen Family and will get to celebrate Hailey's birthday. 


my nephew Carson spent the night last night. i could not take my eyes off him or hug him tight enough. i know all sorts of people leave their families all the time and many families live hundreds and thousands of miles apart. and i know we can talk and email and the sacrifice is small. but i can always feel the distance. it is a big gap. a huge void. i guess absence makes the heart grow fonder. but i thought i was pretty fond already. i reckon i will find out what fonder feels like. 


but despite the lump in my throat, i am ecstatic! beside myself with absolute joy and delight that this day is here. it has been such a long time coming. i know this to be my destiny and purpose in this moment. and i cannot wait. i have waited my whole life for this. "it's going to be wild, it's gonna be great". it will be far greater than anything i have ever known. i am not losing a thing, but gaining so much. come visit!



No comments:

Post a Comment