Saturday, October 23, 2010

Tate Mountain Porch Society

Angelique and I created this imaginary Society with imaginary duties and imaginary functions on this very real little porch. She is the President and I am the Parliamentarian. I am the Parliamentarian by request. I was the Parliamentarian in 5th Grade 4-H Club and I did nothing but open and shut the door. So that is my intent in serving in this position. Angelique's little cabin is the perfect place to convene. We have no rules, except to rest, and to eat. We did both. I had my little bunk underneath the Jesus picture and slept like a baby, warmed by the stone chimney with a fire ablaze a floor below me. We drove into Jasper to experience the Jasper Farmer's Market and prepared delicious meals, went for long walks and laughed on the front porch. We even went for a spin on the dirt bike and I giggled like a child the whole time as I clung on to Angelique as she lurched through the gears of the skinny two wheeled cycle.


I stopped in Woodstock and sold that Printer I bought for $175 to a man who looked like a preacher, but who I think may be an architect of some sort. I was late getting up to Tate and stopped at their lovely little Kroger that has a Starbucks in it and bought the ingredients for my Vegetarian Chili and a Quinoa Salad. I arrived in time for a small glass of wine and curled up on the sleeper sofa in front of a gentle fire in the fireplace and watched for the very first time, Slumdog Millionaire.
 The next morning Angelique and I strapped our camera's around our necks and I got to take my first photos with my brand new camera. It is impossible to take a bad photo at Tate.


After our walk around the lake we settled down to lunch on the porch.



We reconvened for dinner. I served in my position dutifully, opening and closing the door as we set and cleared the table. The President served in her role, making sure all glasses remained filled. A good time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment