Saturday, October 23, 2010

Snakes, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails

I was excited to capture my favorite faces in the beautiful October sun with the new camera. I stepped into their backyard and was greeted by my favorite two year old shouting my name and running full force into my arms. There is no feeling like it. I dropped everything and scooped him up and swung him around. I plopped him back down on the ground anxious to see his lovely face, ready to capture every pixel of his beauty. I imagined the results, his big blue eyes, his blonde hair like a halo upon his head. I took one glance. He was filthy. He looked like Pig Pen. A plume of dirt followed him back to the sandbox where he immediately sat down and began digging and rolling, revealing a live earthworm he had planted there in the bed of a yellow dump truck. His brother, who had been on a Boy Scout camping trip the night before, was surrounded by his own plume. A little disappointed they were not in their matching seersucker smocked jumpers, holding hands and running through an open field. I could not resist capturing them as they were. Worms, dirt, hamsters and all.







No comments:

Post a Comment