Monday, August 30, 2010

always somethin'

Now that I have my Macbook Pro, I want a camera. I specifically opted for the cheaper Macbook Pro because 1) I travel a lot and don't want to lug around a large laptop 2) I technically own decent little monitor I used on my PC when working at a desk 3) I want other stuff too. So I want to use the money I "saved" toward a Canon EOS T1i. Even though the T2i is even better, and $200 more, I think I want to put THAT $200 in savings toward the purchase of Photoshop CS5 Student/Teacher edition that normally sells for $700, which is a savings of $500. Y'all didn't know I was a student/teacher? Well, I am. My name is Carl and I am 60 years old. I am just saving money right and left over here with all my rationalizations. I love having a woman's brain. We are so clever. I have also rationalized that with my mad skills I can pay off this camera in no time. So be prepared for up close candids of boys dressed up like girls, little boy birthday parties, lizards, pirates, brand new babies, little girl parties, pregnant ladies, road trips, and more. I am hoping to get a few takers, set up a few shoots and maybe sell a few prints, create a little site and pay her off in no time. Then I can save more money by investing that money in something else just as amazing and glorious and life changing and fun. In the mean time, brace yourself for what is to come.

1 comment:

  1. Canon's are awesome. We just got a bigger lens for ours that came in the mail this week. www.adorama.com is the best place to get stuff. it comes in super quick and a lot of their stuff is refurbished (still comes in original packaging from the company) but is way cheap. Its great if youre new-ish but still want a variety of things to do!

    ReplyDelete