Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Shopping

My life of working all the time has greatly impacted my wardrobe. So has my lack of running. So clothes don't fit or are far from the latest fashion or were purchased at the Anderson Mall circa 1999, and must go. I cleaned the closet a little and made some room and hit up the mall tonight with the intent to at least buy one new thing that was modern, current, and fit. And of course, was on sale.

I am so over Macy's. I don't like that place. I am a huge fan of Nordstrom's, but I JUST paid off my credit card. However, Nordstom Rack is a beautiful place and I like it. But I needed an outfit. Some new pieces to work with what I have. I didn't have much time. Or much money. So I set out for my old standby, JCrew.

Here's what I found:
I needed this cashmere sweater like a hole in the head. I got it in light grey. It WAS $158 and I got it for $28! So I had to get it. I will live in this thing in October. It didn't fit any of the descriptions of what I needed. Not for now, not very flattering, but oh so cashmere.

I saw these shoes on their site a few weeks ago and wanted them. I bought a pleather type version of this sandal at Target not long ago and love the look. These are much nicer and were mine for the low, low price of $28. Only $14 more than my Target ones. Retail: $88. Suckers.


So THIS is how these are supposed to look? They look nothing like this on me. At all. Oh well. But I own a pair now. Gonna pair with tunics and sandals and jewelry. Seriously? This girl has got to be like 6 feet tall. And very hungry. Retail $98. I paid $16!Lastly, I got this lovely linen jacket. It is fully lined. Sophisticated, yet natural. I can pair it with a skirt and pumps for work or jeans a t-shirt for the one day this summer it is not 100 degrees and I can get jeans on without breaking a sweat. So, maybe white linen pants and bare feet. Retail $158. Clean Living Price $35.

This entry is solely for Laura Chambers Steen. I wish you had been with me. This way we can pretend. And not have to email photos back and forth via iPhones and Blackberry's and keep hanging up and calling each other back and forth with comments and praise. Happy Birthday. I wish I was there. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment