Thursday, March 18, 2010

Book Review- Culture of Honor

This book was a Ministry School reading assignment. It begins with a detailed and humorous description of the five-fold ministries within the church. I love teachings on all things. I love being shown the order in things and given descriptions and outlines and having things taught to me in an orderly, concise manner. Danny does this with a very difficult subject to digest, church structure and five-fold ministry. He brings it into focus and brings scripture to present day. I love conversations on the church, where are we going? Why are we not effective? What can we do? What does Jesus say about it? How did we evolve to being just Sunday School and donuts? What is the role of a Pastor? What does a church leadership team talk about when they all go out to lunch after church? How did we develop all these programs? Are we being the church that Christ has called us to be? Are we meeting the needs of others? Danny address a lot of my questions in this book. Yet, it is so much more than a book on church. It is a book about how to live life with others and how we see ourselves. It allowed me to see new layers of the Grace of God and the beauty of His creation, you and me. The book address a large array of subjects that all could be books themselves. One chapter on love completely undid me and made me re-evaluate the way I see others. Another chapter on confrontation gave me some real, practical tools on how to "do" relationships. Each chapter reveals more insight into the Culture of Honor. A culture of valuing others, seeing Christ in others, honoring those around us as God's creations and being full of Christ. This is not an easy thing to do, but it unleashes His presence and the supernatural follows Him. I loved this book. I underlined and took notes. It was that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment