Thursday, August 20, 2009

waaaaaaaaaa

I don't want to go home!!! I am just starting to have fun! What an amazing crazy day. Antoinette, Tonya and I left at 7 and drove to a village to interview the orphans. We were expecting 24 and left with 30. It was all crazy chaos and no one knew what quite was going on, but we got photos of them all and heard their stories. They will all break your heart. So many, the father left long ago and the mother died but often they don't know what of. They just say her stomach hurt. The kids "interests" are gathering wood and hauling water. Oh my. All I could do was see Carson trying to haul water on his head instead of playing with his dinosaurs and jungle animals. I could write volumes on how all this makes me feel and the injustice of it all and it just makes me want to see answer and solutions to their problems. So Tonya got to push in a boys hernia or something or another and they gave us live chickens for coming and these girls didn't even blink, they just grabbed them by their feet and said thank you! On the way home I witnessed a man get hit by a car, then attempt to get up and walk away but only fall down again and then a huge crowd of people gathered around him and he was taken to the hospital. Crazy day! But I only have the computer for a moment, so I am rushing this and just wanted to report on the day. These girls and I have something in common and we all connected and had a wonderful farewell dinner tonight and I feel like we could take the nation with all our ambition and bright ideas and dreaming with God. So I am already planning my trip back...
More soon.
Leaving tomorrow at noon for J'burg. Staying the night. Home by 7am on Sunday.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment