Monday, August 10, 2009

today

There is not a whole lot going on today. The mission school students are slowly departing. Deane, I saw Candace today. I hope to get together with her soon. She is busy signing out students and all of that. I went into town today and got bananas, cucumber, eggs and feta. We have our very own papayas here in the yard and I have been making smoothies for breakfast and having salad for lunch and or dinner, then repeat. I am still uncertain on the Zimbezia outreach. The doctor, with whom I would be catching a ride back, had to leave to go assist another missionary who was very sick and is not here. So all of that is very up in the air. I thought about flying to Biera to visit the Dondo base but flights are too expensive. Like $1000 too expensive. So I am here. The banditos are in full force as they know all the white people are leaving and they are desperate. They have weapons, dirty, rusty knives and I don't want to leave here with any wounds so I am staying on the compound for the most part. So I am playing with kids some, reading a lot and just spending time in prayer and supplication. If you see a blue-eyed Fallin child, hug him/her for me. It is funny how I carry those little punkins wherever I go and miss their faces the most, whether one day or twenty one. I hope to post more really soon. I am hoping to set up some type of regular time each day to post, but for now the message is mostly the same. All is well, grateful to be here. Love, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment