Sunday, August 9, 2009

brief update

A lot has happened in the past week. My internet time is very limited and even now I am very rushed to get this all out. Basically I got to go on outreach with Heidi and talk with her a little bit about my desires. She suggested I try to go to Zimbezia, another province in Mozambique where missionaries are needed. The school is taking a group to go on Wednesday for 10 days and they will be camping in tents each night, spending 2 days at a time in different villages. I am going to try to jump onboard this trip and check out the area. It takes two days to get there. A lot will have to line up for me to go, so I am patiently waiting to see what will happen. Today is Heidi’s birthday and we are all going out to Marranganha to the beach to have a little party for her. The beach is stunning and reminds me of Wuthering Heights. If I don’t go to Zimbezia, I don’t know what I will do around here, but will be in search of a project to keep me busy. They seem to find me though. I went out to Mieze yesterday. This is a children’s center that has been set up to be somewhat self-sustaining and they have goats and chickens. They are also discipling the children and seem to have a beautifully ran program. I got to go out the the beach at Merreube and it is stunning. So pristine and breathtaking. I have been processing this whole trip and am constantly asking myself if I could do this for a long time and if this is where God wants me. I am honestly driving myself nuts. So I am going to try to just relax the next few days and enjoy my time here. I know the doors will open at just the right time. The thoughts of remote Africa all alone frighten me, no water, limited food, rice and beans, malaria….scare me to death to be honest. But His grace is sufficient and He will reveal it all to me and show me where to go. I am anxious to attempt to research some poverty relief and development. Heidi says she has been to the Poverty Lab at MIT and still found no answers. But God is smarter than MIT and I want to seek for wisdom in areas of development for the villages here. And I can that from the comfort of my DSL! At home. Sorry the update is sooo brief. I literally braved the banditos to be here at this little computer place and it is terrible slow and my money has ran out. I hope to write more soon. Blessings like rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment