Saturday, August 1, 2009

Birthday

Okay, so not much has happened since I wrote last night but I only have 39 more minutes with a computer so I wanted to make the most of it. I took an OTC sleeping pill to make certain that I was able to rest. There is nothing worse than being exhausted beyond belief but not being able to sleep. So I was OUT, but I did keep hearing music all night long, screaming and singing and just this crazy music. I don't know if it was the Witch Doctors or what. I may ask. It kinda sounded like worship and I guess I coulda been dreaming. But I coulda sworn it sounded like hundreds of people singing loudly like in a concert outside my window. The roach is still in the shower. I love my little room and little house. I have my own little sofa! This was frustrating last time, not having a place to SIT DOWN! and having the top bunk...So my own little sofa and one story bed is a very big deal! As is the own bathroom, AND! I have a microwave oven! So I am living in the lap of luxury here.

Carla sent a card and a gift wrapped in purple paper. I cannot wait to open it!! Yipee for presents from home when you are in Africa where nobody knows your name or that it's your birthday. And Yipee for three weeks outside of posh Western living so I can make a very good list of what I want when I get back! Christine, I am thinking Bruster's...

I wish you could hear the noises outside my window. Kids everywhere. There is an ocean across the street and I must get in it. So many things to do and people to meet. I am well rested now and feel so much better and ready to get out there!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment