Thursday, July 30, 2009

what happened to thursday?

i made it!!!! amber came and helped me pack and laura called and went over packing checklists with me, yvette stopped by to say goodbye and betty picked me up after work. i zipped through the airport and took my seat on the plane. i stopped at the brookstore across from the gate and used one of those massage chairs that massages your calves! we were late departing waiting on luggage and i did not get miraculously seated in first class, but that was okay. i didn't want to waste the calories on bad airplane cuisine anyway. i was seated next to two small blonde children who didn't make a peep except for the little girl gagged twice when she took a bite of her meal and i was about to leap out of my chair, but mother instinct (the same one that gets me excited about being in the HOV lane when i have my nephew in the backseat) crept in and i as able to console her and ask her if she was okay. i had planned to read all these books i had collected for the flight, but wound up watching TV the entire time. betty, they had mad men, season 2, first 4 episodes. about midnight i popped a lunesta and slept fitfully but fairly deeply fo 7 hours! i awoke to more TV, lunch and settled into The Secret Life of Bees (i read the book). but we landed before it was over. i have honestly been on worse flights and was suprised that this one was not as bad as i thought it would be. a girl named brenda was holding a sign with my name on it when i finally made it out the doors of the airport and i am now back at this little lodge where i have been once before. it is ran by this guy named Nepal FROM Nepal...it is cold here!!! but life in Georgia just makes me embrace this unfamiliar chill in the air. i hope i can rest tonight because i really just woke up a few hours ago and am all confused. i figure i can settle into one of my books now and get my last hot shower before my 8:30 departure in the morning. Carla, my heart doesn't know if it could get on a plane for good and leave my punkins, Sherri, i wish you were here more than you could know. we would be sitting by this lame little fire, eating french fries and laughing. betty, thank you for braving the airport just for me. i hope you got home! christine, you are coming on the next trip!! yvette, i will do my best on footage. jen habicht, wish you could come swim in the atlantic with me. i best go. i could write pages. i am safe. hope to sleep well and will be in PEMBA tomorrow at 1:00!!!!!!! Ahhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment