Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Finally!

The day of my departure is here. I leave tonight, fly for 17 hours, and arrive in Johannesburg at 5:10pm on Thursday. I am staying at the little lodge where I stayed two years ago when I missed my flight to London. It is a quaint little inn with comfy beds, hot water and a warm meal. Two years ago, they had a computer with dial-up so I am sure I will be able to post my arrival. I will leave the next morning for Pemba, stopping in Maputo and arriving in Pemba that afternoon. I already have a scheduled "meeting" with Caroline, the Madagascar missionary that day. I work from home today and that is a huge blessing. I have the morning to pack and can run to the bank during my lunch hour. Mama Betty Conner is coming over after work to take me to the airport and is bringing bathroom scales to weigh my luggage. I vowed I would travel light, but that didn't happen. My bags are full of gifts and goodies. I could not be more ready to go! The trip has been a long time coming and I am at total peace, elated to be going back and excited to see what the future brings as a result of this trip. I plan to blog as often as possible and post pictures and keep it interesting, raw and unedited.

No comments:

Post a Comment