Sunday, February 1, 2009

Quotations

These are not exactly for you...they are more for me. I am placing them here so I will know where to find them when I need them. They come from the wisdom of Mama Deane and her reading everything she can get her hands on and then sharing the good stuff.

John Adams said that happiness comes not from fame and fortune "and all such things", but from "an habitual contempt of them."

I agree with A.W Tozer who also said, "Humble yourself and cease to care what men think. A meek man is not a human mouse afflicted with a sense of his own inferiority. Rather, he has stopped being fooled about himself. He knows well that the world will never see him as God sees him and he has stopped caring. He has obtained a place of soul rest. The old struggle to defend himself is over."

I agree with A.W. Tozer who said: "Spell this out in capital letters: THE Holy Spirit IS A PERSON. He is not enthusiasm. He is not courage. He is not energy. He is not the personification of all good qualities, like Jack Frost is the personification of cold weather. Actually, the Holy Spirit is not the personification of anything...... He has individuality. He is one being and not another. He has will and intelligence. He has hearing. He has knowledge and sympathy and ability to love and see and think. He can hear, speak, desire, grieve and rejoice. He is a Person."

And I threw in one of my Tozer favorites too..."We need never shout across the spaces to an absent God. He is nearer than our own soul, closer than our most secret thoughts".

No comments:

Post a Comment