Thursday, December 4, 2008

Vidalia or Bust


Well, I am headed to Vidalia, Georgia and it's not for onions. Much better than onions. It's for luggage and handbags. As I have shared among my favorite things on http://www.honeyandgoatcheese.blogspot.com/ , I love the Tumi Outlet and once a year they have a huge sale. They have tables and tables of stuff for $20.00! I completely stumbled upon it one year as I was headed to Savannah for the holiday and always swing by there if time permits. It is a bit off the beaten path. But the little town of Vidalia is charming, as are the little towns north and south, like Claxton, home of the Claxton Fruit Cake. So, if you go, make time to visit at least one small town, stop in the square and go in the local sandwich shop or diner, I am certain you won't be disappointed. I think it was two years ago, I got a variety of stuff like this:
All with matching handbags and soft leather wallets and passport holders that were on the $5.00 and $10.00 tables. This bag retails for $125.00. The handbags are cylinder shaped and will hold either a bottle of wine or 2 burritos from Chipolte'. I can already tell I am going to lose sleep over the excitment. The last time I wound up giving everything away as gifts and kept a set for myself. I use the laptop carrier every day. This year my plan is to buy up what I can, what appears to be the best deals and post them on Ebay, baby! I would love to triple my money. Plus, it's fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment