Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon

I woke up at 5:00am, stumbled into a scalding hot shower, scurried into my running clothes, brewed two cups of coffee, grabbed my iPod and jumped into the car before the 34 degree weather could numb my fingers or toes. I got to Dodes' house at 6:00am and Blake dropped us off at the race start. No one really wants to hear how it really was. No one cares about your commentary on hills and leg cramps and blue toenails and bodily functions. But I did run 13.1 miles, along with about 10,500 others. I had never ran that far before, so I am patting myself on the back as I write this. I am registered for the ING in March.

1 comment:

  1. i DO want to hear all the details!!!
    TELL ME MORE! i love race stories...hearing and telling them...good stuff!!
    this is the stuff that people are made of, i say!

    ReplyDelete