Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Seasons Change

As I put away the white, the linen and the seersucker, I am reminded of the simple fact that seasons change. I love love love the fall, the cooler weather, the leaves, and sweet potato pie. Granny McCarley's sweet potato pie. Speaking of which, just look at Granny. Isn't she beautiful? So lovely and so sweet and she has the biggest heart of anyone I know. She loves everybody. And her love is so unconditional and she doesn't see people with any judgment or prejudice. She sees everyone absolutely the same. She talks to everyone. She says hello to everyone in the grocery store. It's kind of funny, because I mean everyone! The manager, the janitor, the rich lady buying tilapia in the seafood section, the teenager buying sugar cereal, the really smelly guy buying SPAM. I love that about her and want to be like her. I want her sweet heart.

I also want her recipe for sweet potato pie. I will get it and post it, which brings me back to change. I went through serious therapy (mainly just prayer and supplication) to get my little heart back in the ATL after being in Mozambique. I created this blog to share my heart and what God was doing in me and in Africa. But now I am here. God is working in me still and sharing all kinds of amazing things with me that I want to share with you. So I feel like I need to transition and adapt the blog more to what God is doing in me this season and some of just my silly little perspective on life as little ole me. And life as little ole me can be really amusing at times. I want to share some things with Catherine, Gracie, Carson and Nathaniel and will have entries just for them. I will have one-sided conversations, pictures of my tiny adventures and commentary on life as a 31 year old living in the city. So the site is slowly going to change. I don't want to take down my pictures of those beautiful African faces. But it won't be long before they will be back. Because I know being here will last but only for a season...

No comments:

Post a Comment