Thursday, August 14, 2008

Leaving Zutphen

They are setting up the market outside. There are huge tents and stands with pineapple and asparagus and cucumber and cheese and flowers and I am headed out there. It is right outside my window. It is cool outside, like fall to us in GA. So I guess I will put on my jeans and this oatmeal knit sweater that I have worn every single day for two and a half weeks and head outside. I only have about an hour to check out the market and then I need to come here and gather my things and make the cumbersome walk to the train station. I am taking the 10:28 train from Zutphen to Central Station Amsterdam. There I will be staying in the Community House with Valerie and Merila- who I have not met, but have offered me a place to stay and to show me their inner city ministry. They have also offered me a bicycle to tour the city. I will depart first thing in the morning and hopefully be seated in rows 1-7 on my flight home. I am renting a car and should make it up to Carla's, sleeping bag in hand, for Catherine's outdoor spend the night party. I will volunteer to sleep outside with the girls as I am sure I will be so tired that I could sleep anywhere...
Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment