Saturday, August 16, 2008

Home
















I had an amazing time getting to see Amsterdam. I left Zutphen after getting to spend the morning at the market and had the most delicious fresh Dutch waffles with caramel in between two thin crisp waffles. I got the train to Central Station and walked over to the YWAM headquarters. A friend from Mozambique made arrangements for me to stay there with friends of hers, Valeria and Mirela. They live in this wonderful old building and both are involved in full time Youth with a Mission ministry. They are both from Romania. Valerie works with the Jewish Community and Mirela with the Gypsies. We walked all over the city and they were very kind and generous and rolled out the red carpet for me. There are about 14 people who live here and they represent 13 different nations. We went to their soup kitchen and hung out for a little while with the people there. The diversity in Amsterdam is amazing. I am pretty sure it is the world's most diverse city with over 170 different people groups living there. I got to fly back first class and was fairly rested for my drive up to Cumming for Catherine's 11th birthday party with a house full of girls. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment