Monday, August 6, 2007

If in Rome...

There is a small chance I may have the opportunity to go through Rome on my way home! There is a monastary just outside of Rome where I can stay for free. Flights from London to Rome are supposedly very inexpensive. I may be able to store luggage at a friends house in London, stay a night there and take the train to meet a friendm Mary from Canada, in London and we will fly to Rome to stay for a few days. The thoughts of backpacking it for a few days sounds amazing and I cannot imagine what the monastery will be like. This is a HUGE IF and requires me to attempt to deal with my travel agent which will be hard from here because internet communication is so limited. If it does work out, I won't be home until the 22nd. This also requires a ton of grace from my employeer. We shall see. Pray for favor. I will know more tomorrow when I hope to get back into town to see if the flights can be booked and my current flight delayed without being penalized.
All things are great! I don't want to leave here. It will be hard. My friends are leaving this week and it will be hard to say goodbye. My roomie is going to Kenya to stay until Christmas and I have to send her off on Wednesday...so sad. I am sending her off with my cellphone so you can't call me anymore. I will try to update the blog to let you know if I do this Rome thing or not.
Mel Tari is here this week and spoke today and will be speaking again tomorrow. He and Rolland Baker baptized me yesterday. It was probably the most amazing experience of my life. Words cannot describe.
So the plans for this week are to FIND my lost ticket from here to J'burg. Say a prayer. It has to be somewhere in my room. I am headed to the LAM office now to see if I can get it reissued. I will make my decision tomorrow on the Rome trip as I hope to hear from the travel agent by then. Official graduation is Wednesday. This is supposedly a big deal, big celebration. Friday, most of the students going out to the bush bush for the two week outreach leave. I am going to try and spend the weekend at Maranganha, camping for the weekend. It is a beautiful pristine untouched beach! I will then come back and pack up my things and spend my last night here in a glorious night at the 5 star Pemba Beach Hotel thanks to UNCLE JOHN and AUNT PHYLIS!! I am dying for a hot bath. You have no idea. I try not to say much about it but we currently have no water...I am at a record for most days without bathing.
Will try to update again this week. Will also try to put some photos on....just so difficult. Will be home, eventually...
LOVE,
ME

No comments:

Post a Comment