Sunday, October 19, 2014

my last week in cameroon

I
Typical home on the way to school. Laundry Day.
Sweet Boris
Rainy Season is Still Here
Waiting for a Taxi


My time here will soon be coming to an end. By far my greatest treasure and take away from my time here has been getting to meet Sherri's students and spend time with them. I remain blown away by their passion, dedication, and intellect. They are such superior young men and women. Just look at Boris above. What's not to love about this young man and his radiant smile? Each of them glow just like this. I am honored to have been able to meet them. 

Life here remains gloriously African. We had classes and took in little orphan girls for the weekend and have done a bit of training here and there. I've seen the Atlantic Ocean from this side, twice. I had tailor-made clothes made which is always fun. Oh! I had a $24 ultrasound on my kidney. That was also fun. It took longer because the power kept going on and off. But it beats full power and the $500 I paid for the last one I had. So I walk away a huge fan of this place. I still have three more days to soak it all in. More to come! Love, Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment