Tuesday, May 13, 2014

oh ina. you wise one.


Blogger Ína said...
OH! What an amazing insight into the life of a waitress. And YES, it is true... we are SO SPOILED. You know, I often switch my mind into the "what if" gear when driving in our fancy car around the bairros, and I find myself wondering WHAT IF we switched lives with the locals. What if we had to walk from Maranganha to Baixa to clean some white pig's mess, iron their clothes and sweep their garbage off their sand while our children, playing on a dirt road and digging through garbage in search for that treasure-of-the-day, waited for something for the caril at supper time... what if we'd have to wait in endless lines at the hospital and watch a bunch of white oil heads be led straight into the doctor's office, although they just arrived NOW... what if I had to sell vegetables and some snotty white woman just pushed up her sunglasses and ignored my offer COMPLETELY, not even giving me a smile (guilty!)..
The world would go to hell, that's what.
Girl, you continue your lesson of humility and you do it with a smile. Nothing hurts an arrogant bastard more than a happy slave, I'm sure. That's what Hollywood says.
AND KEEP UP THE BLOGGING. I'm thrilled to get a peek into first world horrors ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment