Friday, September 20, 2013

To Betty

Dear Betty, 

So sorry I have not posted. I have been busy, of course, and then there were the days we didn't have electricity. I did get on the computer yesterday but spent the time writing an article for the Hartwell paper. I hope it's good. Sewing class is rolling along, but our machines are broken. Something is now wrong with every machine. I am praying in a repairman. With one it is a major engine issue, the others are issues with bobbin tension and small things that I cannot seem to fix. We did finally get the interlocker working and so I have now, yet again, changed gears in what we are doing and designing, to make things that I can solely make by hand or the interlocker or those combined. I have been doing afternoon tutoring sessions with one of my students, Rofi. He reminds me of myself. He looks at me so confused. And I usually return the look. Then we laugh. I love that kid. 

I bought Veronica big canvas prints of photos I took of her when we had her little birthday celebration when Mom & Dad were here. (I took pictures and will show you). I wish you could have seen her face and heard her. She kept saying, "wow, wow" over and over. She pointed to herself and said, "I am beautiful." She said she is going to put them in her bedroom. I had seen the little tiny tattered pictures of distant family she had on a piece of cardboard box in her bedroom and wanted to give her nice photos of her family. It was fun. I love that woman. 

We have running water this morning. A rarity. We have also been without gas in the whole town and I have been conservative with heating water and cooking. Today is pay day for the Gallery employees and I love pay day. I love giving them a nice wad of cash and watching their faces of joy and appreciation. Ramadan has virtually been working for almost nothing and today I am paying him a full salary. Pray the business grows so that we can keep doing this. We really need to get into another shop, or two. Andrea took some of our things to London to try to sell there.

I am supposed to meet with a local hotel here about us having space in their lobby. Pray about that. 

It's starting to get hot here but that's one of those things I don't want to even talk about for fear the weather can hear me. 

I had a dream last night that I was in a mall trying to find Macy's. I kept walking around inside and could not find it. Then I thought it would be easier to find if I walked around the outside of the mall, so I did. But I just kept on walking around. Each time I came to a corner I would expect to see Macy's around the corner but it was never there. I think it means I am overdue for a day at the mall with you.

I just finished breakfast and I have to get ready for work.

I love hearing from you. Write when you can and I will do the same.

Love
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment