Friday, August 9, 2013

cape town revisited




There is no way to summarize it all, the beauty of Cape Town and the feeling of simply enjoying every moment of it all. I was giddy with excitement over each day and what it would bring. It would not have been near as fun if this were my every day and berries were always in my fridge, but the contrast made each meal, drive and excursion so incredibly FUN. 
Of course I recommend going if you ever get the chance. I would maybe even recommend over going to Europe, if you are considering such a venture. It is a beautiful alternative. The dollar is strong and it offers all the beauty, cuisine and history that any trip abroad can bring. If you are a wine connoisseur you will fall madly in love. If you like photography or hiking, penguins or the sea, mountains, farms with berries and cheeses and olives, you will love Cape Town. Don’t go to shop, I told you that already and feel a little bad for saying all that. But trust me, don’t. Oh, unless you want to go to my friend Louise’s shop on St. George’s Street in Simon’s Town and that is a MUST. It’s well done. 
I highly recommend hiking. It would not take much inquiry to find a spot, as trails and parks are all clearly marked. There are hiking groups that do so daily and I am sure they would let you join. I went with these lovely people. We hiked above Elephant's Eye at Silvermine. 
You must drive to Stellenbosch & Franschoek and make many stops along the way. Some of my recommendations include:


I regret not being able to fully experience Babylonstoren or La Petite Ferme. Don't eat at Delaire Graff and I regrettably can't recommend the spa, but go for the views. Tokara has the best olives I have ever put in my mouth. One could easily spend a week or more in this region, sipping and dining. I never dreamed I would get to have such a vacation and ring in 36 with such a fanfare. It has raised my level of expectation for all things, being around such excellence and beauty. Cheers to 36 and to seeing Cape Town once again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment