Friday, July 19, 2013

My Parents Came to Mozambique



Sunset & Tiago
Pardon my absence, I've had company! My parents arrived two weeks ago and now I am sitting here alone with a whole French Press to myself, missing them terribly. Collecting them at the airport was surreal, never dreaming that my parents would ever physically be here and that our two world's would collide. But here they came, with chocolate and coffee for me and I, with canned tuna and bread rolls for them. Dad drove on the back of the scooter from the airport and waited for perfect comedic timing to say, "I didn't want to say anything, but I think you are driving on the wrong side of the road". I absolutely adored having his presence here with me. Mr. Fix-It, a man, a father, The Professor. He killed a rumored poisonous snake one Sunday morning. When he road on the back of the scooter with me, everyone looked at me different. I felt protected. I felt safe. He had my back at all times and I got to let down my guard a little and let him. This has been my sermon to myself these past two weeks. Abba Pai is just as real and ever present and even more foreboding that Papa Carl. My first few days here Dad slipped $20's in my palm. It's no different with Father God. He plants unexpected surprises and He always provides. I've loved feeling the love of the Father through my Dad.
I was so proud to watch him fit right in. He stepped into the teaching role like a pro. He taught technology classes. My favorite students became his. He says Bichele produced a video that "will make you cry". I will post it here soon.
I don't have time to finish this now, Galeria dos Sonhos starts in 45 minutes and I am still in my pajamas, but wanted to post pictures and let you know that all is well, except for little pangs of really missing my mom and dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment