Thursday, April 11, 2013

officially official


My parents are coming! They are scheduled to arrive on July 4th. Roy and Vicki Morgan and Emmanuel College student, Haleigh Lewis are coming also, for two weeks. It is honestly Dr. Morgan who really wants to come and began the conversations. I met with them when I was home during Christmas and could feel from across the table his real passion to come and be a part of something as crazy as this. I have tried to tell them, “you have to WANT to come here”. I have had many people want to give and want to help, but few who want to actually get on a plane and come. You can’t just come on a whim, or for the sea or the rice and beans. You have to want to be here. Dr. Morgan clearly wants to come and help and I am honored to be able to give him my space to do so. Carl and Jene are along for the ride. But I am grateful to Dr. Morgan for stirring them. It will mean the world to me to have my parents see this big part of my life. Mozambique has forever shaped who I am and to know me is to know a little about her too. 

The Morgan’s were our neighbors and some of my parents closest friends when we first moved to Hartwell, before I was even born.  Those families in those little houses on Benson Street could have never dreamed this adventure would be in their future. I don’t know quite what God is doing in this, but I am certain He is in it. The Morgan’s and their children and grandchildren (Can you believe your grandparents are coming without you, Cassie and Wyatt? How dare they?) have been supporters of me from the very beginning. It will be fun to get to show them the fruit of our labors, as we are in this together.   Haleigh will get a chance to work in our medical clinic, Mom and Vicki in our sewing school and Dad and Roy can teach in the vocational school. I am counting down the days. It still hasn’t sunk in that they are really coming and that my worlds are merging even more.



No comments:

Post a Comment