Thursday, February 21, 2013

so now what?


School is rolling along with 100 plus students enrolled. New students arrive every day. But yet Richard and Adele are leaving March 5th. They will be back in June. Andrea fell and broke her arm and is flying to England today for surgery. Pray for her. Both of us are asking why!? It changes everything and puts a lot of things on hold and leaves me, again, alone here. Just when I feel the momentum of productivity, everything comes to a screeching halt. So now what? I do have some help with a new teacher named Manuel. He is excellent but I am not sure for how long he will stay. But he cannot do it all alone either. So it looks like it will be the two of us, plugging away at teaching English every day. Andrea and I have plans to begin to introduce new courses, offer small business loans and a course in money management. But I am just not sure how this will happen now. I can't do both, English and the other. There simply aren't enough hours in the day. 

I am also still anxious to start other small businesses with the students but just not clear how I can do it all by myself.I am taking it all one day at time. Calendars and Planners are pointless here. Everything changes and nothing goes according to plan. It has made me almost too laid back as I know that it will happen, but rarely in my own timing, and never the way I planned. I don't want to lower my expectations too much and I want to remain hopeful and prepared. I am trying to find the balance. 

I met with a guy this week from Baker-Hughes seeking interns. They are an oilfield service company. He asked for three guys to train to run forklifts. They are still working on paperwork and figuring out how to insure the interns but wanted to see if we had young men we could recommend. We do! This could be a great opportunity. 

Yesterday I played tennis and there was a baboon in the tree watching us play. So different. Everything is so different. Even the sun and the clouds and the weather are so so different. Simply no comparison. Baboon spectators. Incredibly humid. So there is the comparison. It's like Georgia in July in the attic. 


No comments:

Post a Comment