Wednesday, November 14, 2012

HOME

It feels amazing to be home. I love that I made it in time to see these autumn leaves. I took a day to rest under a big blanket on the sofa, read magazines and get on the INTERNET! I get excited about hot baths and getting to drive on smooth roads. Every meal is a delicacy.

I met my sister and her family at 211 Main in Lavonia for lunch.  A stranger couple watched me pull in and jump out of the car and hug my family all waiting outside their van. They stood and watched as I planted kisses on everyone and hugged them tight, spun them around. They asked if they could have a hug too. Christine and Axel came and Laura, in Kentucky, called ahead to have them present me with gourmet cupcakes announcing the sex of her baby.

Of course I miss my family back in Mozambique and I am already distracted with so much to see and do here. But I am simply elated to be home, in a big bed, under a big quilt, with free wifi, coffee in my cup. I am going into town today with the top down. I will blare the radio and sing to the top of my lungs. We are so so blessed to live in this country. You have no idea and I can never explain it to you. My gratitude is deep and my appreciation never more sincere. I am still processing and taking it all in.

I guess the one thing that I want to say is to encourage you to do the same. Drink it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment