Monday, September 3, 2012

always something

so when i left to come to moz i never dreamed i would leave the country. i was entering under what i thought was a single entry visa that makes it almost impossible to leave. so i vaguely remember standing in the living room of the cabin and holding my yellow card that always accompanies my passport and thought, "i don't need this". we don't need it to enter moz and i always take it and i never need it. for fear of losing it and not wanting to take 1oz of anything i would not need, i put it back. i threw it back in the rubbermaid bin that holds most all my personal belongings and i put it back down in the basement.

i JUST learned that i need this yellow card to re-enter South Africa from Zambia. like seriously need it. if you don't have proof of vaccination they won't let you board the plane.

now what?

i have sent my poor parents on the chase to go and find the yellow card and to then most likely drive to Anderson, SC to the nearest DHL drop off ( and not today because it is Labor Day) and send it to my hotel with an estimated arrival date of the day before i leave.

it's always somethin'. ugh.  y'all pray. it always works.

God didn't give me a free trip out of the country during the exact time I needed it to train me in how to disciple kids to leave me stranded in Zambia.

trusting.




No comments:

Post a Comment