Saturday, January 28, 2012

Friday

Great day in the afternoon classroom. I just had two students, a very advanced student who could most likely serve as a translator and a bright student who understands Portuguese grammar well, and takes tidy notes, but she doesn’t speak much English. She often wanted to know the object in Portuguese and would answer my English in Portuguese. We spent an hour on the verb “to be”. Then Benjamin, the advanced student, showed up so I handed him the chalk and I sat beside Berta and he taught us both, “in front of”, “next to”, “behind” etc... It was perfect to allow him to think outside the box and for me to learn more Portuguese and for Berta to laugh at my Portuguese and learn. The three of us had a great time. Or maybe it was just me, but I thought it was so much fun. I had an English Grammar book in my backpack that I had brought just for Benjamin and was so glad he came. We will go over Chapter 1 together next week. 
I am still not feeling well. My symptoms are nausea and a stiff neck. I am clueless as to what it could be and have no other medical remedies other than a few Cipro and Ibuprofen. 
I Skyped home for the first time since Christmas tonight. It is always good to hear from home. It doesn’t really make me homesick either, it just feels good to see faces and to know that everyone is okay and get a good look at what everybody looks like and hear a good Southern accent. Axel is walking. Carson got a lizard. Natty made a dinosaur. Mom and Dad were at an EC basketball game. All is well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment