Sunday, December 11, 2011

School update

This will be our last week of classes before Christmas Break. We will reconvene January 16th. Earlier this week I was praying out loud for things that we need including ESL curriculum. The State of Georgia has been great to offer us whatever we need and I do have a list of instructional and study materials that I have given them, but I have felt like something is missing. Thursday I met with a linguistics major who offered to design curriculum specific to our needs! She is writing a 36 week curriculum, in three levels, that coincide with Businesses/Tourism and Community Health that is culturally relevant!! It is precisely what I need. Whether my needs be yachts or curriculum, I am still in awe. 
Community Health Class
I met yesterday with Rodrigo, the newest member of our team. He is coming in late February to help and teach business courses. He's Brazilian, which means flawless Portuguese and another answer to prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment