Monday, December 19, 2011

This morning I woke up under the covers of my Woobie (army blanket). I have air-conditioning! I am house sitting. The house is on the other base where there is no internet and there happens to be a field of little bamboo bars right behind the house. Bars as in they sell hot beer and bad gin (not that I have tasted it) bars. They play music all night long. But the lull of the aircon and then the heavy, heavy rains last night drowned out the bass of baracca music. 

This is what my neighbor had to say about last night...


"Was woken up at 3am to a lovely rain shower in my bed, and no electricity. I was soaked this morning when I woke up at 5:30am to head to the hospital. Then the land rover battery was flooded with water which delayed us. Fatima was finally taken into surgery at 8am this morning. Now I am waiting to head back to check on her at 11 when she gets out... as I am sitting here in my room I can hear the rat chewing away in my dresser and my light is tripping like a disco ball.. and it is only 9am! Happy Monday morning! Still rejoicing, thanking Jesus for this beautiful simple life, would not trade it for the world!!!"


This is just what it is like. It is wild and crazy and hot and loud, but it is the greatest life on 
earth and there is no where else I would rather be. If I paint a bleak picture, it is only a small part of the day and only to give you a visual of life here and what a day can bring. I still cannot believe I get to live this life. Every day I think, "pinch me, I live here". Who am I to deserve this? I get to do this and it is an honor that I get to spend this season of my life here pouring into these kids and living among such heroes. 


Little Fatima has a blood clot in her leg that has become infected. She is 12. Pray for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment