Wednesday, November 23, 2011

As you can see I am having a blast. It still has not really hit me that I live here. But I am sure making the most of it. Saturday my neighbor wanted to get away for the day. It is nice to get off base, relax, take a nap, enjoy the beach and rest. So that is exactly what we did. We packed books and ipods and towels and sunscreen and water bottles. We drank Cokes and watched the sunset. We swam in the ocean. We took pictures. I am so glad I bought that camera. It is a necessity here. Even it doesn't capture the beauty. There are not words to describe.
Life on base has been hectic. My days are constantly full and I rarely sit down. Even now I must leave to go to Staff Meeting and will then have class after that and then I have a meeting with an ESL teacher and then small group. Yesterday was full too and my cell phone starts to chime first thing in the morning with text messages inquiring about one thing or another and the next thing I know my calendar is full and next week is already busy. We had a great planning meeting yesterday as we prepare for a meeting next week to set our 2012 calendar. I think it will look like this:
            Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
9          ESL---------------------------------------------
10        Business-----------Community Health-----2:2
11        2:2-----------------------------------------------2:2
12        --------------------LUNCH-----------------------------
1          2:2-----------------------------------------------2:2
2          ESL----------------------------------------------
3          Business-------------Community Health----
4

The 2:2 is a two on two meeting, where another missionary and I will meet with two of the kids. We want to find out their dreams and interests but also use Life Coach type tools and find out more about their personalities and strengths...Eeek. Running late. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment