Monday, October 10, 2011

i've arrived!

i arrived yesterday afternoon. my new home is beautiful and clean and tidy and neat and has an ocean view. i was greeted by my sweet little friend Olga, who is 11 and has no idea that she is one of the reasons i am here. now i am just in the process of unpacking and finding a carpenter to make furniture for my room and getting settled in my new space and getting a rod hung in my closet to hang clothes. i am going to speak to a group of mission school students on friday and share the vision for the vocational school and talk to them about their interests and where they could possibly serve to help us. the weather is unseasonably cool and there is a great breeze. i am anxious to have lots to do but trying to take it one day at a time and rest a bit as i adjust to this very new place. thank you all for all you have done to get me here. i am honored to be in this place and could not have done it without you. even to the greatest details, wanda, these keen's are wonderful as is this little black skirt i am wearing. christine, i smell like tea tree shampoo. shannon, i love my feather pillow. kim, my hair smells like prell. i am blessed beyond measure. i love you all and am undone that i get this chance. to be here. to do this. you have all taught me and showed me how to love. i am so blessed i get to come here and give it away.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your talk at the Methodist Church and look forward to reading about your upcoming adventures!

    Margaret O'Neal

    ReplyDelete