Wednesday, June 29, 2011

a fundraising party

I had my first ever fundraising party. Ramona Kucera went above and beyond. It was a small gathering and it felt good to be amongst people I love. I am constantly reminded that summers, dinners, desserts, hugs, sunsets, with my family are never frequent enough and any time I have with family and friends just feels good. So if you find me starring at you, I am just soaking you in and making a memory. If our country didn't copyright and block certain material I would post a youtube video of Hayley Mills smelling her grandfather's jacket that smelled of "tobacco and peppermint".

I was blessed to grow up in a small town where "everybody knows your name" and all your secrets. I hated that as a teenager, but look back now at this little "village" that played a part in raising me and am forever grateful. So Miss Brenda and The Hullet's and The Williams', Kucera's, Fallin's and  Davis' (both sets), gathered on the lake and had the best veggie lasagna I have ever put in my mouth. I am sitting here now wishing I had a slice. I got to hold baby Axel, eavesdrop on my Dad's stories, watch Natty jump in the lake with his clothes on and just sit back and soak it in. I have a very blessed life. I have people in my life who would take me in in a heartbeat, who love me, who give big hugs that mean something and who have my Southern accent. There were people on that back porch who changed my diapers. And if the Williams' girls had been there I could have said the same to them. There is a peace in community that brings hope, life, encouragement, strength, and courage. I can do anything with a little cheering.








So thanks for coming and cheering me on. I am honored to know you.

No comments:

Post a Comment